Back & Neck Community
L-4 epidural and left knee / groin pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

L-4 epidural and left knee / groin pain

L-4 epidural and left knee / groin pain
by charlie112953, 14 hours ago
I had L - 4 epidural and after 2 procedures I was perfect the on the 3rd ( I found out that I shouldn't have had it) the needle into the disc hit something and I almost jumped off the table and was in murderous pain for 2.5 months. After it started healing, my left knee (side I got the injections in my L - 4) was now in pain along with  my left crease at the groin.The knee is killing me most likely from the favoring of my back. It's been 3 months and It's killing me. By the way in 2/07 I was hit as a pedestrian by a car on my left side flew into windshield then landed 30 ft forward. No broken bones, stitches or loss of consciousness. I did suffer 6 herniated discs 4 bulging then my knee swelled 5 ties the norm. After the swelling subsided I chad 75% pain free mobility. It took 4 months for the bruised leg to just be able to allow walking. I kind of knew I would need knee surgery 5 to 7 years latter but I have to now however I don't understand the muscle from just below the groin to my groin pain and not being able to loftr my leg. I have to use my hands to get in the car or put it up on the tabble.  
i to have recieved an epidural in my lower back just yesterday told them before i left that my grion hurt really bad they told me that it was normal and that it would go away i called the next day and they said give it 24-72 hours and if it is not gone then you can either come in and see the dr or you can go to the er, i guess i didn't understand that what is the dr going to do for me? i live i think its 80 miles from him maybe more i am supposed to have another one done on the 14th i don't know if i should do it or not i really am scared now i don't know what to expect more pain or relief
     :(