L4; L5; S1 and central spinal stenosis
Four or five years ago I was diagnosed with herniated L4-L5 and L5-S1 with central spinal stenosis. I exercise regularly (I am a fitness instructor) and have had two rounds of intervertabral disc traction over this time period. The pain is primarily deep in both sides (more right than left) of my low back, right buttock, outer side of my right hip and into the right groin/hip flexor region. In addition, I have also started experiencing pain/ache in the left gastrocnemius. I have not had an MRI since the initial diagnosis. Will you please share your thoughts? Thanks!
Hi,sorry to know it,How about your conservative treatment? is it woked little bit?
Some patients who experience severe pain and a high loss of function and don't find relief from conservative treatments(exercise ,traction,physio,acupuncture,etc), surgery may be considered as an option.
Of course,Don't rush to surgery.only 2% patient should be.
So,you shuold go to see your own doctor for advice.
Take care!
Might be time to see your doc and get a new set of MRI's. This would give you and your dr much for current information on the state of your back. Good luck, and as you are a fitness instructor and I'm assuming, in good shape, you should heal quickly if any intervention is needed.