L5-S1 TLIF and Alternatives
     After 6 years of avoidance in seeing the neurologist again (traction and yoga works mircles - combat tours wearing to much gear/jumping from planes = not so good one the back)  decided to go back in and get it taken care of before I retire from the military as the pain level has been increasing to the level where I do not want to deal and the lower body wants to quit if I sneeze, cough, or work out a bit too much.
Issues:  degenerative joint disease, arthritis, lumbar facet syndrome, sciatica, MRI showing L5-S1 disc (disc bulged, pinched nerve), bulging disc between L4-L5, severe degeneration at L5-S1 with modic changes, L5-S1 spondylolisthesis ...
     I saw one neurologist a couple weeks ago and was told that my only option is a L5-S1 TLIF.  I go in for my 2nd opinion 1st week of May as I did not like (or expect) her option.  So I have been doing a lot research so I can ask better questions this time as the last appoitment pretty much floored me.
     Has anyone heard of or done Intervetebral Differential Therapy (IDD Therapy)?  Did it work and would you recommend it?
     Does anyone that has had the L5-S1 TLIF have severe arthritis?

Thanks to everyone on this site.  Reading through the posts has given me better insite and realistic expectations on the L5-S1 TLIF.

Tlif was just one of many performed on me during my back fusion on feb 22nd of this year. I don't have arthritis however. I wish u the best and educating yourself like ur doing is the best way u can help yourself!!!
I had IDD therapy in 2004  for a herniated disc at L4-L5 and a spondylolisthesis in the same area.  The therapy worked great for the disc and is still ok.  The spondy dropped back into place however it has since slipped forward again and is worse than the first time.  Going to try it again and hope for the best.  Surgery doesn't sound like the best option at this point.