Back & Neck Community
Large bulging disc
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Large bulging disc

Hello. I have had pretty bad back pain for a couple months now.  I've had right sided lower back pain, middle lower back pain and upper back pain between shoulder blades.  It has come to a point where I had to go on leave pretty much with my job until I can find some relief.  I work as an LPN at a nursing home.  My MRI results show a large bulging disc at L5 with close proximity to the S1 nerve.  I seen an orthopaedic about this and he just seemed like he didn't care about anything I had to say. He suggested a get a lumbar epidural.  I was a little nervous when receiving the epidural because it involves your back and spine.  I spoke with a few friends and they said it would not be bad at all. Well they were wrong.  It hurt pretty bad and my rt. leg extremely hurt for hours when I got home. It was throbbing and my husband rubbed it for hours til it subsided. My ortho doc who did the procedure said that I should return to work the next day. I was like really?  I havent been to work for a few weeks due to the pain and my pain is still there. Well I received one a few weeks ago and the pain in still there.  I put ice on my back all the time. He set me up for physical therapy which really hurts anytime i do their exercises and it seems to increase the pain.  I'm getting a second opinion from someone who hopefully knows what they are talkin about next week.