Left arm and shoulder pain after cervical fusion.
I had a cervical fusion c5 thru c7 on December 2nd, 2015.  I felt pretty good after the surgery and for about the next 10 days.  Then, while I was lying down, I tried to scoot my upper body to the left and it felt like I pulled something out of place around the left side of my spine and close to my fusion.  It felt like something pulling apart in a couple of places close to each other. The next day I had very intense pain in my left arm and it felt like my left arm was seizing up and felt lame.  This intense pain lasted for about a week and has slowly improved. I feel pretty good first thing in the morning but things deteriorate after just a few hours.
I have since been to see my doctor and had an x-ray done. The fusion looks great and appears to be healing very well.  But I am still having pain and weakness in my left shoulder and left arm and the left side of my spine is very painful close to the fusion sight.  My doctor gave me no definite answer.  Could I have pulled a muscle or ligament?  Could this be some sort of soft tissue injury that will heal in time? Before the surgery I was having nerve compression that affected my right shoulder and right arm.  That pretty much went away right after surgery.  So now I have this issue on my left side which feels more like it's affecting my arm muscle and I have muscle spasms as well.  I sure would like to know what happened to cause this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.