Left side nerve problems
I had a mountain biking injury 8 months ago. I had a lot of weight and impact on my knee which hit a rock and is still badly bruised. I have had three MRI's on my knee, lumbar spine and sacroiliac joint all came back clear. I then had a full body scan and it cam back with a heavily bruised left knee. My knee is still tender and i do get pain around that area. Initially I had pain from my knee, left leg and a bit around my bum. Now it has also moved up my body to my left shoulder and arm and even my neck. I have tried a 6 week program of medical palates and it helped up until the 5th week but then i really relapsed after it got more intense by using my knee. I didn't feel comfortable with the physio manipulating my back and spine alot. So I went to a specialist and he referred me for two MRI's a lumbar spine, sacroiliac joint and a full body scan. After the full body scan I had a quarter-zone in the knee and made no difference. 3 weeks later I'm going back to see him and let him know I am still in agony and after cycling 500m I was in trouble and had pins and needles and discomfort. I can't do any exercise not even swimming. Anyone have any ideas? I feel it's a nerve pain but not sure what to do about it.
Hi there!

Bone contusion/ bruise may take several months to heal and there is little aside pain killers, that can be done about it. The pain around the shoulder and the neck region would need to be evaluated for injuries, muscle/ tendon/ ligament sprain, neuro-vascular causes etc. Without a clinical evaluation it would not be possible to come to a conclusive diagnosis. I would suggest discussing this in detail with your doctor after the imaging studies reports become available.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!