Back & Neck Community
Leg weakness following 4th ESI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Leg weakness following 4th ESI

A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with lumbar radiculopathy,neruitis sciatic, and have 2 bulging discs in my lower back. I started treatment for the low back pain with ESI (Epidural Steroid Injections). Mar 2012 I received a fourth injection. The next day my left knee started buckling while I was walking. By the second day, both my legs had given out and I couldn't walk unassisted. I could stll feel them but when I attempted to walk they both would crumple to the ground. Almost a year later, several tests, and physical therapy the doctors are unable to determine the cause. My right leg appears to be fine and  I can bear weight on it but my left leg is the opposite. Each time I walk my left knee gves out. I am still unable to weight bear on my left leg. Any thoughts?
Hi!
Usually knee joint instability is due to injury to meniscus. It can also be due to unstable patella. Torn or injured anterior cruciate ligament is another possibility. An MRI of the knee or arthoscopy should be done for confirmed diagnosis. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thanks alot. I will suggest an MRI of the knee to my doctor and see what he says.