Lockjaw anyone??
Hi all. Around fall of 2008 I hand anchors put in my forearms, two in each. Anchors are piercings that are placed just underneath the skin surface. Late February of this year, my skin rejected an anchor on my right forearm. It began to puss, was inflamed, and extremely painful. I ended up getting it snagged on a door frame which yanked it out of my arm. My skin has now healed over the wound. A week ago, an anchor on my left forearm began rejecting the piercing just as the other had the month prior. I've been feeling very ill lately. Sharp pains in my forearms, biceps, hands and wrists. I can't stop clenching my jaw, severe headaches, neck and back stiffness, fever, chills...My entire torso feels like I'm being squeezed, like I can't relax my body. Sometimes I'll catch a chill and my entire body will spazz out, shaking like I just got out of the pool on a chilly afternoon. I'm having a hard time focusing without loosing track of thoughts. Irritable and restless, waking up drenched in sweat at night. Loss of appetite and gagging reflex that happens only in my throat, not so much as if I needed to vomit, just gagging. I still have 3 piercings in my arms total. Help??
Welcome to the Back and Neck Community. Members are  here to provide assistance and support to individuals experiencing symptoms related to possible abnormal conditions of the spine. Advice given is non-professional and is primarily based on personal experiences

Given the description of your symptoms and the probable cause being the piercings you had done, you need urgent medical evaluation and treatment.  Do not prolong getting emergency care -- you have probably progressed into a systemic infection that may require antibiotic therapy and possible surgery if the skin infection has progressed.
If you do not have medical insurance, please go to the local hospital emergency room for an evaluation and stabilization.  They are required to provide care without regard for your ability to pay.  I can not urge you enough not to prolong this issue!