Back & Neck Community
Loss of cervical curve?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Loss of cervical curve?

I have had pain in my neck for several years and have gone to several chiropractors over the years to figure out what is wrong with it. I have bad headaches, problems looking down to read, and a dizzy feeling. Two chiropractors have said my neck is totally straight instead of having the curve it should. Lately, I've also had problems swallowing, I feel like there is a lump in my throat all the time. One doctor told me he saw two vertabrae that were fused, and the other said he didnt see anything like that. Meanwhile, I am running out of sick time at work and am in alot of pain. Does anyone have symptons like this, or any suggestions???
Hi sorry to konw that.
Clinically,It sound that you suffer from soft tissue injury in neck area,As tissue inflammation due to injury,so,it can lead to bad headaches,dizzy feeling,straight instead of having the curve it should( temporary),etc.
Basically,deep and intensive acupuncture can help.
But ,it dependent on where the inflammation is .  Acupuncture works well when the inflammation is outside of the cervical spinal column.  Acupuncture does not work when the inflammation is in the cervical spinal column itself.
So,you have to see doc first to ask this question.
Good luck!

Your symptoms sound like Barre Lieou syndrome.  Please google this and keep in mind that you don't have to have all the symptoms.  I was also told I don't have the normal curve in my cervical spine.  After years of suffering, I was diagnosed with this syndrome.  I have dealt with horrible throbbing headaches and head pressure, discomfort with swallowing, my head feeling not "right", among other things.  I am going to receive my second treatment on Monday by a doctor who does Prolotherapy.

It is caused by the ligaments becoming overstretched, so they don't hold the spine in the proper place anymore.  The spine then hits on nerves in the neck.  There are autonomic nerves that run through your neck, so some people feel anxiety as one of the symptoms.  I pray this helps you.