Back & Neck Community
Lower Back Pain - Hip or Spine Popping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Lower Back Pain - Hip or Spine Popping

I am 22 years old. I got in a head on car accident a year ago. I took it easy for a couple months, then I went back to the gym to lift weights. I was lifting heavy for awhile to gain size. I am now faced with a matter that I cannot ignore. I have had lower back pain after the accident and through time it has gotten worse. I did chiropractic care for over half a year, I did PT for 3 months, I did acupuncture, and none of them helped. PT help a little. Presently I am going to my orthopedic. About 6 months ago I got a lower back MRI, nothing major showed. As of 4 months ago, my lower back and/or my hips are popping, every time it pops I have pain in my lower back. It feels as if it's my lower spine. The left side of my back used to hurt much more than the right but now it feels as if it's directly my lower spine. I have been stretching for the past 4 months and about a month ago I have been stiffer than ever. This issue has been taking me over and controlling my life. It's truly bugging me. I have received hips x-rays that showed nothing, I just got a left hip MRI last week(results pending), lower back MRI showed nothing. Many of the people who I have seen for this notice my left SI joint was posterior, they all felt that it wasn't so major. My cousin in medical school claims he notice my one hip is slightly higher than the other. I am very baffled in my situation. When my lower back pops it feels as if my lower vertebra's are clicking. I am going to ask the doctor for another lower back MRI because my pain has gotten worse and the popping was never there in the first back MRI. The popping happens every day. When I lift my legs almost at waste height or above and if I kick my legs out to the side. My front crotch area has gotten extremely stiff and when I try to open my legs up in a butterfly position it isn't so flexible as it used to be. ANY CLUES WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!