Lower Back Pain that only gets bad when sitting or laying down
Hi all. I have a problem that has been getting worse for over a year now with no resolution. My doc seems to be trying various things but to no avail. I have this severe lower back pain that only really becomes severe when I sit down (particularly at night after the evening meal) or when I go to bed.  I can dig the garden, play golf ... almost anything standing up and the pain is either no existant or a dull ache. If I sit down for too long (or go to bed and rest) the pain becomes intolerable. To reduce the pain I use IBUPROFEN, which works fine at the moment.
The doctor is obviously confused as to what the problem is.
As a background, I am male, 53, not too active (just golf and walks), a Hodgkins survivor of 11 years+ (I had a clear scan and blood tests are fine just recently). My doc has whittled this pain down to excess acid?? or maybe musculoskeletal.
It sounds like what you're describing is chronic soft tissue injuries, which can become worse over time as poor circulation. Given the severity of your pain and the functional limitations it's now placing on you, it probably is time to consult with a medical acupuncturist (Doctor),I would agree that intensive acupuncture can be helpful.
good luck!