Lower back/hip pain, numbness & twitching in legs
Hey all, I have been looking for answers to my problem but haven't found all of my symptoms rolled into one. So here I am. I will just try and make it simple with a list.
I'm 22, and this has been going on for about 4 years, and growing exponentially the last 7 months or so. I also have a pronounced arch in my back.
1) My lower back hurts when I lay down, feels like it is being compressed, it helps to put a pillow under it but only to an extent.
2) My right hip hurts most of the day. Biggest thing that helps that is popping it. I can sit/lay down, knee out to the right and most of the time pop it, sometimes I can't pop it and it feels like some range of motion is lost. It fixes it for a little bit then seems to build back up over time.
3) When I lay on my back, my legs feel like they loose circulation. Right leg more than the left. I don't always get the pins and needles, I mostly just start to feel cold spots in my legs, mostly my foot.
4) I lately (month or so) started to feel twitching in muscles in my legs when I lay down. Seems random (no time intervels). Agian, happens more in my right leg, but happens in my left leg as well.
5) Once in a while (once maybe every three days) I feel sharp pains in my right leg like my sciatic nerve is being pinched. Doesn't always last long, and if at the time I can pop my hip, that almost immediately relieves it.
6) Last week or so, the twitching has moved towards my upper body (thumb, forearm, chest, sides), arms seem more of a "jump" than a twitch, but I don't know if it is related to my back problem or not.
My diet isn't horrible, and I drink alot of water. I have been wondering if it is stress related or not.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.