Back & Neck Community
Lower back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Lower back pain

I have felt fatigued all school year and i have no idea why. I also have never gotten a regular period and i am now 19 and have had it for 6 years now. About three weeks ago I started having terrible lower back pain, which caused nausea. I went to the ER 4 days after the pain started because the pain became unbearable and i had a rising temperature of 101. The hospital also did a pelvic exam and a UA and said my cervix was extremely inflamed and the pain during the exam was unbearable for me. They treated me for a UTI and PID with oral antibiotics and tested me for an kind of STD (which i am clear of) . After i was finished with the antibiotics i went to my primary care doctor for a follow up and she gave me muscle relaxers(for the back pain) and something to bring down the inflammation. I also got blood tests for Lymes Disease, Mono, Thyroid, Liver and all that came out regular. I am still experiencing lower back pain, fatigue, and pain with insertion of tampon and during sex. I am also still experiencing a low grade fever once in a while too. If anybody know whats up with me, or have had a similar experience I would love to hear!    
Hi!
Since you have irregular periods, inflamed vagina and low back pain, endometriosis and polycystic ovary should be ruled out. Also, genital tuberculosis should be ruled out. You should also get tested for Chlamydia, gonorrhea, HPV and herpes. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.