Back & Neck Community
Lower back pain and cold

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Lower back pain and cold

Good morning,

I have been fighting a bad cold for 2 weeks now that is very much killing my sinuses. In week 2 yesterday I woke up and it hurt real bad to get out of bed. My lower back really hurts when I tilt my head foreward to my chest. If I am just standing it is fine but as soon as I tilt my head foreward bam. I have not lifted anything or done anything realy strenous as I have fighting this cold. I have had 3 migranes (migraines) during this cold as well.  What could have caused this, is it just a sore back and will it go away on it's own. Never get back pain without knowing what I did to get it.
Your cold may not have much to do with it,  or maybe laying in bed has irritated something that's been going on.    If you have pain when you move your head forward... it can be cervical  or thoracic discs.   I've got long term pain... but when my discs finally disappeared in my c-2 through t-1 region, I gained that constant reaction.  I can't read anymore without holding a book straight in front of me. don't let it go without checking it out.  My biggest mistake has been to try and soldier up with this long term prob (I have it throughout my spine)     By trying to manage it and not 'be a whimp'    HA...  i've got nerve damage that will always trouble me now.    There are solutions... and early PT can save some of the hell that many of us live with.    good luck