Back & Neck Community
Lower back pain and stiffness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Lower back pain and stiffness

Hello.  I had an LP 7 months ago to rule out suspected meningitis.  After the LP, I needed a blood patch due to the post LP headache and backache.  During the blood patch, I had a lot of pain.  The doctor took a while to get everything in place and seemed to hit something in there, causing me a lot of pain.  I stayed still though, and he told me I would have a backache for a good 6 weeks.  I did have that backache.  The problem is, I still do.  I cannot stand, sit, or walk for more than 10 minutes without a lot of pain and stiffness.  I can't even turn at the waist.  Can you please shed some light on what could be wrong?  I am 34, active, and otherwise healthy.  I just am tired of hurting all the time.