Lower back pain at spinal cord?
This pain began when I was jumping hurdles during exercise. I immediately stopped doing it, and it seemed to disappear as long I a didn't do it.
But after about 4 days of rest, the pain started to come back whenever I jog or walk up the stairs. It is in my lower back at the spinal cord.

Can someone identify this pain, does it heal by itself or do I need surgery?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include postural issues, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments etc. inflammations, fractures/ dislocations, bone bruise, referred pain from other regions, micronutrient deficiencies etc.; I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you may try some tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS and see if these are helpful for pain relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!

My wife i shaving low back pain for last two months and it is getting verse day by day. it started after her delivery only. before it was not there. we hv done an X-ray and the result of Pelvis Xrayshows all normal and result of the Radiograph Lumbosacral spine AP and Lat view shows that ::::: Transitional Lumbosacral vertebra noted with feature sof Lumbarisation"

What is the danger of this condition??
Is there any treatment available for this situation?
Surgery is unnecessary for this disease???

Thnx
Hi!
In a normal spine all sacral vertebrae fuse to form one bone. Sometimes the S1 and S2 do not fuse. This is called lumbarisation of scaral vertebrae as it appears that there are 6 lumbar vertebrae. This is a congenital defect of no major consequence. This normally does not cause any problem. If there is pain and it is persisting then a MRI may help understand the pathology behind it.
The treatment is a combination of pain killers, muscle relaxants, physiotherapy, manual therapy, hydrotherapy, weight loss and exercise. The pain can worsen after delivery and the treatment is usually conswervative.
Since the pain stared after delivery, it could be the side effect of spinal anesthesia as well if she received that. Maintaining a good posture goes a long way in overcoming this type of pain. You can wear a lumbar belt to give support to the back muscles while you are working. Physiotherapy should work to strengthen the back muscles.  
In either case surgery is usually not required nor is helpful. However, please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.