Back & Neck Community
Lower back/testicle/knee/ankle pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Lower back/testicle/knee/ankle pain

So about 5 years ago(I was 18)I suffered a sports related injury to my lower back. After taking some time off from sports it appeared to heal itself. Now about 3 years ago(now 21) I noticed a pain in my testicles, more specifically my right one. It came in conjunction with some lower back discomfort. Nothing majorly painful, just discomfort that 800mg if Advil would get rid of. The testicle pain wasn't a sharp pain. Just a throbbing pain, like it was being pinched but not hard. Over the course of the last 36 months things have progressively gotten worse. The pain in the testicle is constant. The lower back pain is much worse and constant. Especially over the last 6 months. I can't put my sock on anymore. Today I am missing my first day of work in 4 years, because I can't move without pain. I work on my feet and wear insoles in my shoes. I'm active but not as active as I used to be but I'm still in moderately good shape. The pain I'm having now is constant, sharp, stabbing like pains in my right lower back. It feels like a bone but I'm not sure what bone it would be. The stabbing goes down through my right buttock, into my hamstring and calf, through my knee into my shin and into my ankle and big toe. I used to find relief from the pain by lying flat on my back but now there is literally no comfort from sitting or laying and standing is impossible. It feels like my legs are going to give out. Like there is nothing there. I have seen a chiropractor no less than 15 times in the last 6 months and a massage therapist on a weekly basis for 6 months. Both provide relief but as temporary as 10 minutes and as long as 1-2 hours maximum. I've been to the doctor who said the usual "rest, no heavy lifting" and after going back to him for the third time he finally sent me to get a steroid shot which provided me zero relief. I've been to an acupuncturist a handful of times but felt no relief from that as well. I'm going to see my GP again today and was wondering what I should be asking him and if anyone else has been experiencing some of these similar things. The pain is unbearable to a point where I'm getting a fever and light headed as well as nausea. I haven't slept more that 3 hours total in the last 4 nights. If there is ANYTHING I can do any advice would be greatly appreciated. Anything I missed as far as necessary information goes let me know. I'm confident I can answer any question. Thanks!