Lower right back pain
I recently went to the emergency room for pains in my lower right back.  The pain is sharp and hurts only when I am lying down and when I breathe in.  I was test for pulmonary embolism and it was negative.  I don't have a lung infection.  If I am sitting for a long period of time I can feel the sharp pain when I breathe in.  It radiates up to my neck and around the side of my stomach, under the ribcage.  The doctors were unable to tell me what the pain is coming from.  I did not injury my back.  The doctor check different positions and it only hurts when I lay down and breath in.  What could be causing this pain?  What medications can relieve the pain?  I was given a muscle relaxer, but I am still in pain.
From the information given I would say that you have possibly suffered what is sometimes called a subluxation of the thoracic spine,which can lead to symptoms that you said ,It would seem that you would be best with a referral to a chiropractor.Good luck!