Back & Neck Community
Lumbar Fusion and related side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Lumbar Fusion and related side effects

I recently had a lumbar fusion of L4-L5 and L5-S1.  Surgery was a success but I am having severe hypersensitivity in my feet and I am hoping that someone out there has a solution to this problem.  If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful for any assistance.  Other blog sites have been unsuccessful in coming up with any remedies.
Although I did not have fusion (my last surgery), I also had severe hypersensitivity in my feet after (in addition to other nerve problems). The sensitivity did eventually go away. It was so bad, I had to hang my leg off the bed just to get a few winks. The pain was incredible when anything touched it!!

I think I can safely say that it was gone by 3 months - and maybe even sooner than that.

Good luck - you are not alone.