Aa
A
A
Close
Lumbar compression, Bladder leakage
I fractured my coccyx about 6 months ago after a fall. That has since healed, however I have compressed L3-S1 (little disc space shown on xray) I have sever pain in my lower back, hips and down one leg to my foot, also occasional tingling and weakness in this leg. I am taking narcotics, nsaids, acetaminophen and codeine. I have tried physiotherapy, pilates, chiropractic. I am due to go back to my doctor in 3 weeks to see if I need to get a referral. He always asks about bowel or bladder changes. Lately I have been having light bladder leakage, even though I regularly do pelvic floor exercises. I did not have this problem before. I also feel like when I need to pass urine, I must rush, where I used to always be able to "hold it in". Is this a concern with my back problems? Should I return to my doctor sooner than 3 weeks?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

This could be due to the back issues and if related would require a surgical intervention to the spinal issue. I would suggest consulting your treating orthopedician/ neurologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources