Lumbar-sacral back pain/Leg-muscle weakness
Hello- Doctor or someone with personal knowledge about this area.

I have been experiencing lumbar-sacral back pain and the last 8 months have had slowly worsening leg(thighs, calfs, ankle, foot) weakness and  my knees are feeling pain/strain.. Either my lower back/pelvis chronic pain is because there is something happening with my leg muscles & my back/hips are strained working harder OR there is something happening with my my lower back/pelvis(lumbar-sacral nerves) causing weakness in my leg muscles?

I have had a lumbar MRI and everything is normal structurally, so that leads me to ask, the next time I see a Neurologist, what sort of EMG/NCS should I have done to evaluate what could be causing this lumbar-sacral pain & leg weakness? Of the lumbar-sacral spine plexus, etc...?

Can a lumbar MRI be completely normal and still there be something happening in the lumbar-sacral nerves that can be detected/diagnosed my an EMG/NCS?

Any advice on how to proceed? thank you!
I wanted to comment because right now I am having the same issues, mine started with a ruptured disc but after a fusion the nerve pain went a diffrent path that is effecting my muscels and leg..constant burning and cramping when I walk any ways what I wanted to say is yes ask for an emg/ncs.. I have had many and until before my fusion did it show the nerve was irritated ..good luck