Back & Neck Community
Lump on my tailbone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Lump on my tailbone

I found this lump on my tailbone about a week ago. It feels a little soft and I can move it a little. I went to my doctors this morning and he said at first it was part of my tailbone.  He did the x-ray it looked like a tumor or a cyst. He still insisted it was part of my tailbone. This lump is located about an inch above the bottom of my tailbone. I was wondering if I should go with the doctors opinion or if I should get a second opinion. Could this be something more serious. I do have alot of lower back pain and numbness from my hip down to my knee at times and I did have a MRI done on my lumbar spine and it showed some degenerative discs and some mild to moderate arthritis but it didnt show any compression on nerves. Could this mass be pressing down on any nerves in the tailbone region?  I just know that I did not have that there before and I have never injured that area. I am about 65 pounds overweight and I have lost 25 pounds already I dont know if the fat that was there before covered this up or if this just formed recently. I would appreciat any input on this situation. Thank you