Lump on the back of my neck
I have a lump on the right side of my neck, right at the base of the hairline. When I noticed it about 6 months ago it was roughly the size of a dime, hard, not attached to the skin, and whenever I touched it, I got a headache. I also have general neck stiffness, and frequent headaches.

Now the lump is about the size of a silver dollar, takes up most of the right side of my neck, and it is flat, hard, and whenever I try to turn my head, it hurts. I have headaches most of the time now, and my neck is extremely sore. Please help.
For God's sake go see a doctor....lol.....what other help do you need?
I agree with the above comment  so do hurry  lots luck  jo
Please give us an update when and if you find out what it is.  I am curious because I've had the same problem for 7 years now and no doctor will give me an answer.
Have you gotten this checked out yet because I myself just found this in the same place, mine has not grown but it's only been a day since I've discovered this that was never there before. I have been reading that if these lumps that grow and cause symptoms could be cancerous.
I have the same MO... 3 doctors and a chiropactor, and no one is concerned.. I found the lump in my neck a few years ago. It was so tiny and deep that it would take me a few minutes to find it.. I would have high hopes that it was gone.. Because I was taught that if a lump was stationary and hard that it could be a problem.. I kept an eye on it..It finally became as big as a quarter and felt like a half of a hard ball. but I'm sure there is some mass deeper. The really weird part for me is the doctors, one of them that does neck and  back surgery can only find something the size of a tiny fingernail and he says it floats but he can't feel the LUMP. Two said they THINK they feel it but their fingers aren't in the right place and the only one to locate it is the chiropracter.. He can put his fingers right on it discribes what he feels the same way I  do  and still doesn't seem to be concerned..   3 months later.. I can now feel the lump that floats.. It is much bigger then a sm. fingernail..  It floats above the hard lump.. I have some neck pain.. I sleep with one of those neck pillows, looks like a donut with a bite out of it.  If I don't I get terrible headaches.  and maybe not related but now I have vertigo.. totally weird feeling.. not fun to fall over..  Anyway I will be checking in often to hear what happens to all of you and your lumps.. Hope they are all just muscle knots.. One of the suggestions I was brushed off with.  More then a little worried..  France
Was the lump on any one neck cause em to died