Lumps :(
Hi to all who read this
I have a few issues that I want some help/guidance with. Firstly, 10 years ago (I was 15), I started getting sharp stabbing pains in my left shoulder and noticed a hard lump there. This lump, which I now believe is a knot in my muscle is still there and flares up constantly especially when I am stressed. I get shooting pains going up my neck, across my shoulder and down my arm as well as pain into my shoulder blade. I have been to many physio's (4 in fact) in the past, but have had no success in reducing the size or severity of the pain. I have had a few ultrasounds and x-ray's as well and was told that the lump "could" be a bony mass. I am not sure where to go from here. The pain seems to be getting worse and the lump, bigger. Applying heat and massage does help but it is only a temporary relief for a permanent problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it has been 10 years and I would like to be free from this pain.
Onto my second problem, another lump. Only this lump is not muscular and seems to lie under my skin. It is located around 20 cm below my hair line on my back directly on top of my spine. It has been there for awhile (approx 1 1/2 to 2 yrs) and is getting bigger, around the size of a large grape. It is very hard and does not move around. Recently it has become very painful and I am unable to lie on it. I asked a doctor about it and he seemed to think maybe it was some kind of cyst and didn't feel the need to remove it. However as it has become very painful I would like it removed, at least to know exactly what it is. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be? What concerns me most is its location.
Thank you for your time
Hi. Have you had a mri of your back? If not that may be a good idea for the next step in trying to figure out what it is.