Back & Neck Community
Lumps near Spine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Lumps near Spine

For the past few months Ive had three lumps in my neck area.  They are all positioned near my spine.  I had mono in July, the doctor said that they were lymph nodes and that they will remain hard and swollen for weeks or months, its been 2 months and they are still hard and swollen.  My neck is still swollen.  These lumps or lymph nodes are in the back of my neck.  At first, I was wary because lymph nodes tend to not be in the back of the neck, however, after some research I learned that there are.  I was wondering if these could still lymph nodes or should I go back to the doctors to see if they are malignant cancerous tumors that have spread from somewhere else in my body to my spine.  I have no other symptoms of anything being wrong.  Just these lumps.  I am active, healthy diet, I drink occasionally.  I just want someone else's opinion on what could potentially be wrong and if you people believe I could have cancer.  Thanks
Also, I want to add, i had a chest x-ray back in july and the doctor said that everything was fine.
I think lymph nodes is still a yes. Ask your doctor if he thinks a l massage for lymph drainage would be helpful. You may have sluggish or blocked lymph nodes.
Any swollen lymph node should be taken seriously, so if your doctor does not seem to be concerned or to know much about this, get a second opinion.  I had a bad experience with swollen lymph nodes which my doctor (an oncologist no less!) said was "just mono" even though my CT scans and bone marrow biopsy were abnormal and indicative of lymphoma.  I had to change oncologists three times, finally going to one of the top cancer centers, to find that I had a "classic case of lymphoma".  A lymph node biopsy confirmed the type.  Most of the time swollen lymph nodes are minor infections, but if they continue to be swollen much longer, seek a second opinion.