Back & Neck Community
MRI/CT SCAN RESULTS please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

MRI/CT SCAN RESULTS please help

I am a middle aged female who was in a MVA approxiametly 5 yrs ago and hit from behind.My following results were these and I am looking for anyone who can help me. I have been to "the best" and I am getting many different opinions and I need to move forward but am confused still.
Spinal cord:normal
No fractures
c1-2 alignment anatmonic
c2-3 posterior disc control is normal Mild narrowing of the right neural foramen. Mild facet arthrosis is detected
c3-4 minimal posterior bulge of the disc is present. Mild left facet arthrosis is identified. Mil unconvertebral astearthrosis
c4-5 mild/moderate decreased disc height is present and minimal posterior bulge of the disc.Mild narrowing of the right neural foramen.There is tortuosity of the vertebral arteries and the right vertebral artery causes a small indentation in the lateral margin of the c4 vertebral body. The left vertebral artery causes a small indentation in the lateral margin of the c5 vertebral body. Apperant widening of the right foramentransversarium
c5-6 A small broad based posterior midline disc protrusion causes mild thecal sac compression. mild/moderate right facet artrosis is present. Mild narrowing of the left neural foramen. Mild central canal stenosis
c6-7 A small posterior right paramedian disc protrusion extends slightly caudad to the disc space and causes mild thecal sac compression. mild to moderate central canal stenosis
c7-t1 Posterior disc contour is normal, No stenosis There is mild left an moderate/severe rigt facet arthrosis and edema in the lateral masses adjacent to the arthrotic right facet joint
A   midly dominant left vertebral artery  is detected

My next question is what should I do and really what does this all mean?
Tags: MRI CT SCAN RSULTS PLEASE HELP
Hopefully I can help a little.  I have had several MRI's and don't understand most and I am not a doctor but thought I could lend a hand with some ot this

No fractures **This is GOOD**

c1-2 alignment anatmonic **Not sure but I would say good**

c2-3 posterior disc control is normal Mild narrowing of the right neural foramen. Mild facet arthrosis is detected **Arthrosis is a type of Arthritis I believe***

**something like bone spurs I think making your passageway that your nerves leave your spinal cord could or could not be causing some symptoms**

**Different radiologist use different terminology but sounds like "Mild" is not back but the compression on the thecal sac could cause some issues with nerve pain**

***Again disk protrusion could be a herniation depending on the size could cause some pain or symptoms***

**I would see a spine specialist.  What are your symptoms if any pain/numbness?  you can look up a dermotome not sure on the spelling but it will give you a map of where the nerves leave your spine.  I would start with a doctors recommendations, maybe some PT, Injections, not sure with out knowing what your complaints are and why the MRI was done in the first place.  Some more information would be nice to beable to help a bit more.

Hope this helps a bit.