Back & Neck Community
MRI Report for disc Problem Help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

MRI Report for disc Problem Help

I Had a disc problem when i was working out, my doctor advised me for a MRI.
And the results are -

1) Mild posterior disc bulge at L3-4 causing flattening of posterior disc contour.

2) Diffuse disc bulge with posterocentral & right paracentral protusion and annular tear at L4-5 level causing indentation of thecal sac and narrowing of bilateral lateral recess R>L compromising right descending L5 nerve root.

3) Mild diffuse disc bulge at L5-S1 level effacing epidural fat and slight narrowing of bilateral lateral recess.

The Effects i felt after this incident-

Pain on lower back , used to be much but now happens at the end of the day.

Nerve pain the bottom of right leg , felt like its being pulled.

this incident happened few months ago and the pain has been less since then, but it is still there.

My Doctor has Advised for daily Physiotherapy and told me if it didn't help , i should have an operation.
Please guide me what should i do and is it a big issue?
It sounds like you've had some improvement already and surgery might not be necessary. It depends on how much longer you want to wait for the pain to go away and how committed you are to prescribed therapies . You might want to get a couple neurosurgical consults to see what the surgeons say.

I'm 7 months post-extruded disc at L5-S1 with severe sciatica. I've had more improvement in the last 2 months after starting the Egoscue Method. I'm much more functional. While I still have some back and nerve pain, it's much more manageable. Neurosurgeons recommended surgery strictly for quality of life issues.

Be sure to explore all possible treatments. That way you can make the most educated decision about having surgery or not.
Sir / Mam
Yes i have made some improvement ,and i just wanna know that is my Problem too Serious?
and will it go away without Surgery ?
It has been a year since this incident.
I have less knowledge about it.
You have done a good job in your case.
And thanks for the suggestion.
I'm trying my best to get physiotherapy everyday.