Back & Neck Community
MRI Results Need Help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

MRI Results Need Help

With-out Contrast
Impression:
Mild neural foraminal and spinal stenosis are seen, broad-based disc bulge and posterior element hypertrophy.  There appear to be small anular tears at this level as well.

With Contrast
Impression:
1. Mild to moderate spinal stenosis is seen at the T-5-6 and T6-7 levels due to small herniated nucleus pulposus.

2. Mild spinal stenosis is seen at T7-T8 due to a braod-based disc bulge.
forgot this

mpression:
Mild nueral foraminal and spinal stenosis are seen L4-5 level due to a small broad-based disc bulge and posterior element hypertrophy.  There appear to be small anular tears at this level as well.
bump
The MRI findings do indicate degenerative changes within the thoracic and lumbar spine.
The herniated discs at T5-T6 and T6-T7 are causing some narrowing of the vertebral space which could produce symptoms.  This narrowing exists at the T7-T8 level due to a  larger disc bulge.
The lumbar spine shows more significant degenerative changes with disc bulge and bone spurring (hypertrophy).  There is indication of small annular tears which are breaks in the outer protective covering of the intervertebral disc
If symptoms of nerve involvement are present, treatment would be directed at alleviating any nerve compression or inflammation.
Treatment options can be reviewed in greater detail with your orthopedist or spine specialist.
Post with an update and any additional questions/concerns you may have.
Thank you for responding--I have a few questions-First my symptoms--Since Dec07 Tingling/Numbness Back of the head--Thigh-numbness/burning that has started in the last few months--Test 2-Brain MRIs (normal) 1-C-spine MRI (narrowing here as well) with no bulging disc noted here.  also waiting to hear from my Nuero concerning this report

1. Can these identified findings be most of my issue (head--thigh-etc) mainly the head

2. Why has this suddenly (last few months) became a issue

3. What can be done and what is the cause (age-lifestyle-all of it)

Thanks for your help
Padro
Sorry for the delay in responding --
Degenerative disc changes producing stenosis of the central canal as well as any associated stenosis of the neural foramen (through which the spinal nerve roots travel) could produce the symptoms you have been experiencing.
Over time and duration of nerve involvement the severity of the symptoms could increase and escalate within the past few months.
DDD is a normal deterioration of the spine from wear and tear as we age.  Activity can also contribute to the condition, but degenerative changes usually occur as we get older.Hopefully the neuro evaluation will explain the findings of your MRI in greater detail and offer some viable treatment options.
Keep us posted ----
do u know of any treatment options-my nuero did not have any advise?
Your neurosurgeon had no advise with all the stenosis you have? If so find another who is compentent. Stenosis means (narrowing of), stenosis is painfull as well as annular tears. T7/T8 with a broad base rupture is probably the worst level. a T/5/6/7/8 fuson may be needed.

The tears in the annulas along with a broad base buldge, in your low back can cause pain, I would look as this as secondary to your thorasic levels.

Hope I help
noneck
Thanks for respoding--will seek the advise of a back doctor, not really having any problems other than sore lower back--live in small own so waiting on referral
bumo
What kind of therapy is there for the above
-Spine MRI finding as follows--will not type all just the highlights

Findings: Demonstrated base of brain, foramen magnum C1 and C2levels: The cerebellar tonsils end above the level of the foramen magnum.  No abnormal signal seen within the spinal cord C2-C3: Disc desiccation is present.  No spinal Cord or neural foraminal ia noted.

Impression: Minimal degenerative disc disease is seen at C2-C3 with disc desiccation 2. The remainder of the levels appear normal.

Translation