Back & Neck Community
MRI discovered something at C2

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

MRI discovered something at C2

I recently went in for an MRI on my neck for glandular swelling, which turned out okay, but another problem was found.

I have a hard time deciphering all the medical terms and locations of this, so I'll post what the radiologist noted.

"Within the posterior elements of the C2 vertebral body on the left there is some altered signal intensity possibly representing lipoma and/or hemangioma.  Area of altered signal intensities identified within the posterior elements at the approximate C-2 level on the left involving the lamina.  Question area of lipoma and/or hemangioma."

Can anyone suggest what kind of specialist I could visit for this or what kind of problems I'm looking at?

At first I was terrified that it could be some kind of cancer, but my research led me away from that possibility.  What treatment is common for this kind of discovery?