Back & Neck Community
MRI of Cervical Spine - disc bulge indents the anterior thecal sac with...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

MRI of Cervical Spine - disc bulge indents the anterior thecal sac with cord deformity and more

I just had an MRI and the finding are confusing.  it shows marked reversal fo the cervical lordosis.
It shows a loss of disc hydration in C2-C5 -  A herniated nucleus pulposus and spondylosis indets the right anterior thecal sac. Neural foramina are patent.
C4-5: ldisc bulge indents the anterior thecal sac with cord deformity. Neural foramina are narrowed on the the left and patnent ont he right.
C5-6 herniated nucleus pulposus and spondylosis indents the right anterior thecal sac narrowing the right lateral recess with cord deformity. Neural foramina are patenet.
T1-2 shows loss of hydration.  
These are the ones's that 'scared me'.
It says Impression:
1 Marked reversal of the cervical lordosis. 2. C2-3 Level: Loss of disc hydration.
C3-4 LEVEL: Loss of disc hydration, disc bulge indents the anterior thecal sac. Neural foramina are patent.
4 - C4-5 loss of hydration again. disc bulge indents the anterior thecal sac with cord deformity. Neural foramina are narrowed on the left and patnent on the right.
5 - C5-6 loss of disc hydration. Herniated nucleus pulposus and spondylosis indents the right anterior thecal sac narrowing the right lateral recess with cord deformity. Neural foramina are patenent.
Also notes with an asterisk - Changes in curvature of the cervical spine may be associated with the underlying muscular spasm.
Can you translate this for me?  Will this get better or can I expect it to get worse?  Please let me know - I am only 41 yrs old and feel 90!  Thanks...