MRI of Lower Back Pain
I had an MRI a few days ago. The findings were: Degenerative disk disease is relatively mild with laterial recess and neural foraminal narrowing at l4-5 to the left.
Edema signal in l5 superiorly to the right is probably the result of degenerative disk disease. it is slightly more prominent than one would expect given the extent of degenerative disk disease at this level. Infiltrative lesion cannot entirely be excluded. Also sais l4-5 there is a small disk bulge posteriorly with posterior hyperintense zone suggessting annular tear. this minimally indents the anterior margin of the thecal sale. there is slight narrowing of the lateral recess to the left and mininal stenosis to the left neural foramen. the right neural foramen is patent. minimal bulg of disk does extend into the interior aspect of the right neural foramen.

I did not have any injury that I know of
How are you? What are the symptoms present?   Degenerative spinal disorders are a group of conditions that involve a loss of normal structure and function in the spine.  This is caused by a variety of issues such as aging, infection, tumors, muscle strains, or arthritis. Spinal stenosis, or narrowing of the spinal canal, is a condition potentially more serious than degenerative disc disease - the spine and nerves may be significantly compressed causing both back pain and pain that radiates to other parts of the body. Treatment usually depends on the initial evaluation. It is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper management.
my Doctor has scheduled me for MRI with contrast and a full body bone scan. Hopefully I will know. I am a little concerned. The MRI also states that the Edema signal in L5 is more prominent that one would expect given the extent of degenrative disk disease at this level. Infiltrative lesion cannot entirely be excluded. So now it is wait for the tests and then move on.
My symptoms are specific pain in lower left back. Sometimes pain seems to go through to the front of me. My left leg will hurt. Hurts when standing and walking too long. Sometimes have a "heat" sensation on the back and the thigh.