Back & Neck Community
MRI results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MRI results

I need help with my MRI results. It states L5-S1 intervertebral disc bulge with posterior protrusion resulting in mild spinal canal compromise, impingement of bilateral emerging S1 nerve roots within the lateral recesses, contact of the exiting left L5 nerve root within the neural foramen, and minimal focal contact of a traversing lower sacral nerve root within the spinal canal.The broad based posterocentral-paracentral disc protusion measures 12mmx 19mmx 7mm indents the anterior aspect of the thecal sac. Can someone help with this. I have been told I may need surgery I am wondering whether or not the MRI is indicating that.
Thanks
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

The MRI describes a disc prolapsed causing mild narrowing of the spinal canal and pressure on the exiting nerve roots. A surgery may be advisable to relieve the pressure on the nerve roots, as this is unlikely to respond well to conservative management. I would suggest discussing the situation and the management plan in detail with your treating orthopedician.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949