Back & Neck Community
MRI results...need help understanding..pllllllzzzz:)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

ok, so I dont know if anyone could possibly help me on this one but here it goes....I got MRI results for my back...I dont know what it means....so this is what it says if anyone could please translate for me:
At L5-S1, there is discogenic disease, posterior annular fissure tear, minimal disc buldge and a small central disc protrusion without significant central or foraminal stenosis. And it says the "conus ends at the upper L1 level.
At C5-C6, there is mild left neural foraminal narrowing related to uncovertebral proliferation.....
if anyone could please tell me what this means and what it is id be forever grateful:)
discogenic disease........means degenerative disc disease which is ........Degenerative disc disease is not really a disease but a term used to describe the normal changes in your spinal discs as you age. Spinal discs are soft, compressible discs that separate the interlocking bones (vertebrae) that make up the spine. The discs act as shock absorbers for the spine, allowing it to flex, bend, and twist. Degenerative disc disease can take place throughout the spine, but it most often occurs in the discs in the lower back (lumbar region) and the neck (cervical region).

posterior annular fissure tear is...........a tear in the disc..not a complete rupture...yet anyway..

buldge is where the disc is out of place...yours is minimal......same meaning for protrusion....it is protruding out

conus is......the tip of the spinal cord

neural foraminal narrowing..........Neural foraminal narrowing is a common result of disc degeneration. Spinal nerves pass through an opening in the spinal column known as the foramen. The process of disc degeneration or bulging causes the foramen to become narrower. Once the foraminal opening reaches a point of compressing the nerves inside the spinal column, pain, numbness, tingling, and muscle weakness often occur.

hope this helps!!