Meaning oF MRI results
I had an MRI done in later part of June, the Radiologist report was that I have a moderate bulging disc at  L4 L5 with  mild bilateral facet disease which produces mild bilateral formal stenosis and at the LS1 I have mild  bilateral facet disese with mild bilateral formal stenosis. What exactly does this mean in lamen terms ? I went to a neurologist and  I am scheduled to start physical thearpy. Will this help ? The problem seems to be just above my right buttocks, and sometimes my left buttocks cheek, where I feel the most discomfort and most of the time my right leg feels a little numb and a dull ache on my right side.. I can walk fine, and neurological test EMG should everything to be okay.I thought I might be on the onset of having diabetes,  had blood work done, that showed everything to be within normal range, blood sugar was a little high, and oral glucose test results, the neurologist did not indicate that I have diabetes.Could this bilateral facet disease have anything to due the the problems I am having in that region of my body. And if so, will physical thearpy elivate the problem?
Moderate Bulging Disc L4-5 – In between each vertebra in our necks and backs, there is a spinal disc. These discs act as shock absorbers or cushions, as we age these discs often dry out and calcify, and sometimes they’ll bulge extending past the edge of the adjacent vertebra. Depending on the size and location, a disc bulge may or may not cause any pain. Bulges are not as serious as herniations, in which case the disc has basically ruptured. Your finding is moderate, meaning the middle, in terms of severity.

Mild Bilateral Facet Disease L4-5 - The Facet joints play and important role in bending and twisting motions, over time tears and abrasions can develop causing inflammation and pain. The joints also frequently develop arthritis, just like other joints in the body.
Your finding is mild (not serious) bilateral (both sides) facet disease.

Mild bilateral formal stenosis- The arthritis that the facet joints develop can often narrow the neural foramina. The foramina are holes where the spinal nerves come through from the spinal canal. In severe cases, the arthritis can compress a nerve causing tremendous pain. According to the report your arthritis from the facet joints is causing mild bilateral narrowing at L4-5.

At L5-S1 you have the same mild bilateral facet disease with mild bilateral formal stenosis (narrowing) that I explained above.

Yes, the facet joint problems you have can be responsible for the pain you’re having. It seems your Doctors have done a pretty decent job of diagnosing you. And yes, Physical Therapy can help and there are also facet joint injections that you can try.

Take Care