Back & Neck Community
Mid and Low back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Mid and Low back pain

I had a T9 hairline fracture but since then I found out that I had scherumens disease and low back had degenerating disks. Doctors have told me that usually scherumens disease is found in kids not adults and it can't be that. I have been in pain for almost 9 yrs pain radiates to the rib cage, feels like someone is grinding the knife in the chest. Low back pain goes to left leg and hips and groin area and MRI shows

Findings:

L2-3 minimal Bulging disc. No central Forminal Stenosis

L3-4 Mildly Bulging disc effaces ventral thecal sac without central stenosis. patent neural foramina

L4-5 Mild cental stenosis resulting from diffusely bulging disc and hypertrpohy of ligamentum flavum. Mild Facet Arthropathy

L5-S1 Broad Based central /left paracentral protusion extends into epidural fat.

Thoracic Spine:

Evaluation of individual level demonstartes tiny protrusions at T5-6, T6-7, T8-9. Small Posterior osteophytes and bulging disc are present at T10-11, T11-12, T12-L1.

Impression

Minimal multifactorial central stenosis at L4-5
Small Central / Left Paracentral L5-S1 Protrusion
Thracic spine mild multilevel spondylosis with small protusions without central or formaninal stenosis.

Anyone can explain all this I will really appreacite it.
I ALSO HAVE SCHERUMENS DISEASE AND DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE AND I HAVE HAD 2 FUSIONS AND HARDWEAR AND THEN HARDWEAR REMOVED AND NOW MORE TROUBLE.  i KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH, THE SCAN RESULTS ARE VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND I'M NOT WORKING AND HAVEN'T BEEN FOR OVER A YR NOW BUT I WAS IN THE MEDICAL FEILD AND I KNOW MEDICAL TERMS AND STILL HAD A HARD TIME UNDERSTANDING. I'VE HAD SO MANY MRI'S AND CT XXSCANS AND INJECTION I CAN'T COUNT.  PAIN MEDS AND ANYTHING I CAN TRY.  RIGHT NOW THE PAIN MEDS ARE NOT WORKING.  I'M WAITING FOR RESULTS OF THE LATEST CT SCAN SO I KNOW IF I NEED TO HAVE YET AGAIN ONE MORE SURGERY THIS ONE IS FOR THE SI JOINT.  THINK POSSITIVE SOMETIMES I KNOW IT IS SO HAD TO DO BUT SOME HOW WE GET THROUGH THINGS.  I'VE HAD A VERY HARD TIME WITH NOT BEING ABLE TO WORK AND NOT DO THINGS LIKE I WAS ABLE TO DO BEFORE. RIGHT NOW I SPEND OVER 50% OF MY TIME FLAT IN BED IN SEVER PAIN.  THANK GOD I HAVE A GREAT FAMILY AND FRIENDS THAT UNDERSTAND THINGS.