Back & Neck Community
MidBack and Chest Spasm
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MidBack and Chest Spasm

Hi.  For the last week or so, I've had this odd tightness in my back just below my left shoulder blade.  It isn't particularly painful.  It just feels tight with an occasionally twinge and muscle twitch.  At times, my left pectoral muscle also twitches and feels tight.  It's more annoying that anything and distracting when I'm working out.  I do 45 minutes or so of moderate weight training three times a week, with work on both chest and shoulders.

Any thoughts on what it might be and how to remedy?

Thanks for this wonderful community.
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include muscle sprain/ spasm, nerve compression/ impingement, infections/ inflammations, micronutrient deficiencies, referred pain from other regions etc. You could try using warm-compresses and tylenol and see if these seem to help. If you do not notice any improvement in a few days, I would suggest seeing a primary care physician for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949