Moderate left-sided neural foraminal stenosis
I was in an ATV accident 2 1/2 weeks ago. My back was hurting went to the Dr 2 days after accident. No Xray, etc was performed but just by luck I had to have a CAT scan of my neck for my thyroid. I went to my doctor today because I'm having issue with my back and numbness in between my shoulders. I will be having an MRI of my whole back soon, but on the CAT scan it states this.
There is mild reversal of the expected cervical lordosis centered at the C5-C6 level with moderate degenerative change at that same level with milder degenerative changes at adjacent levels. Findings suggest moderate left-sided neural foraminal stenosis at C5-C6.   There is some heterogeneous material filling the vallecula which I favor favor to represent pooled secreations.  No significant stenoses seen throughout the artieries of the head and neck.
Can you tell me in layman terms what this means?
pinched nerve..could be spinal..mri will tell...could be bone spurs as well..
I had acdf surgery...c5-7  a year later foramanal surgery..got my life back
58 yr old active male..good luck...
try the conservative approaches first