Back & Neck Community
Mr. Mark Garsee (Police Officer)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Mr. Mark Garsee (Police Officer)

Hello and thank you for your time.   I am a 48 year old male.  Over the past 3 years I have had slight to very painful neck paines at or around C7 to C4.  over the past year the pain has traveled to between my shoulder blades. this pain is a numb/ burning pain,At that point I started pain management.. 5 attempts with no luck.. then I tried theropy and traction and still the pain in my neck, shoulders and between my shoulder blades is there.  This past month I have suffered the above mentioned pains but now I have a shooting pain that runs from about my right armpit, along the outside of my upper arm, over the top of my right forearm to my hand.The tip of my index finger stays numb now and if I look up, tilting my head back, pain shoots down my arm to my hand causing it to go numb and tingle in my arm, hand along with my thumb, index finger and middle finger.  I have been to see a Neuro. Doctor and got a MRI. The Doctor advised he did not see any pintched nervs in my neck and said he could not help me.. I have found myself back at square one again and I am at a total loss.  I dont know where to turn or what to do next. this is very depressing. It has affected my job and quality of life.  i know there is a answer out there somewhere.  please can you help me with this.  might i aloso add that i have never had a neck injury before.