Doctor's all seem to want to wait and see, which is unnerving. I have disc bulging below vertebrae T2, T9, each, and then also bulging and herniation (dx. by dye injection) at L4, L5, S1 , and nothing has been suggested, for major surgery. I do take methadone for last 2 years, but only 60 mg day for severe pain at different levels of my back. This all started in 1999, and I have been on complete disability in US, since 2001. I do a daily short regimen of back exercises, which are mild as I see them. They do keep me limber, to a point. My profile has a bit more pertinent info, I think. I am at a loss as to why any types of fusion hasn't been suggested, or "pushed" so to speak?. They always say it's an option, but they recommend waiting to see if things get worse. It's not an insurance issue; I know that for sure.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.