Back & Neck Community
Multiple problems... stemming from one source?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Multiple problems... stemming from one source?

I am only 23 years old and in fairly good shape at a healthy weight and for the past 4 years or so I have been suffering from pains in my arms.  Especially in the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder areas.  My left arm started hurting first and then the right arm began showing the same symptoms.  I play a lot of golf and the problem has stopped me at times from playing.  Over the years everything seems to be getting worse and worse.  This past December I had my ulnar nerve displaced in my left elbow because occasionally when the pain was bad and I bent my elbow you could physically see the nerve jumping out of its socket.  I was hoping the surgery would fix my problems but it didn't.  Here are my current symptoms, please let me know what you may suspect what my problem is.  When I stretch out both my arms I can feel tension run all the way down both arms down to my fingers (everything feels tight as if there is not enough nerve to stretch to where it should). My hand muscles always ache and I constantly have to pop my fingers and pull my thumb to relieve pain in my hand. After fishing for about 30 mins my hands are too sore to keep reeling.  My left wrist hurts more so after I do any physically activity on the top right side of my wrist. Its a very pinpoint area that hurts.  I can dig a finger under my armpit on both arms and feel the nerve which shoots pulses all the way down to my fingers that feels like I'm hitting my funny bone.  Because of this and that both arms are affected I feel like the problem is somewhere in my neck region.  Sometimes when I pop my neck a certain way it literally feels like I grab hold of an electrical wire as it shoots a sudden shock down both arms.  I have visited a chiropractor for the past two years with no success to treat my problems.  My neck is shaped a little weird in that it bumps out between my shoulder blades (not sure if this affects anything). I constantly pop my back and neck and they are sore a lot of the time. Also, I constantly have to pop my shoulder and flip my wrist around to help the pain. PLEASEEE let me know what you think as I am stumped to where to go from here.  Thank you!