Muscle knots and chiropractic help..
Ive been getting my middle back and neck adjusted for 4 weeks now, 3 times a week. Prior to my adjustments, I've had a very tight large muscular knots located on the left side, middle of my back. I had been to massage therapists to relieve the muscle knots and its been unsuccessful everytime over the past 9 months. 
I sought out chiropractic therapy in hopes to help but this past month i've been in unbearable pain!
The knots in my back have radiated the pain through my entire back, causing muscle spasms and immobility of laying, sitting, walking, bending and lifting without stabbing and shooting pains in my back. 
I'd like feedback on what i should do?
My finances are slim due to my leave of absence from work because of my back. 
Does anyone have any ideas? Or suggestions?

Thanks all
Most chiropractic treatment after an accident is only needed for 6 weeks.  I would have thought you would have gotten relief by now.  

Why do you have the knots?  Stress?  

When I had a very minor car accident, what had been knots causing discomfort became much worse.  Deep massage with the physical therapist was only effective for an hour or two.  I had to go to a behavioral psychologist for relaxation with biofeedback.  It was effective for me.  It retrained me to relax.