Back & Neck Community
Muscle pull from a bend and twist Please help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Thanks in advance for reading this! I currently suffer from lower back pain above my right hip/leg in my back. (right on top of my right butt cheek and an inch deep is the best way to describe it). It hurts when I try to strech my leg and when I try to run. I can feel a slight twinge when I walk but I can over come it. I have lived with this pain for 8 months hoping that it will go away. It has not gotten worse yet will not go away. It severly has hindered my range of motion and when I try to stretch it by putting my right leg on something waist high and bending towards it slowly its TOO PAINFUL to maintain.
I hurt my back by trying to dump out my fish tank when all the water shifted to one side while I was bending!

PLEASE GIVE ME ANY INFO!  I am currently with out insurance and I really need some advice on what it might be and how to fix it!

Thanks so much!
Avatar n tn
A little more on this. I tried to do the hamstring stretch where you sit on your butt with on leg out and bend towards that direction...
with my right leg I can not even get my back into a 90 degree angle before the stretching/tightness/pain is too much!!!!

how does one fix this!@
Avatar n tn
Sounds Sciatic to me, that's the nerve that starts at your waist and runs all the way down to your toes, sounds like bed rest for a few days with heat or ice which ever makes it feel better.  Also some anti~inflamatories and muscle relaxers.  When you lay down place a pillow or something underneath your knees so they are slightly bent, this will take the pressure of your lower back.  go see your MD and it won't take long to fix it up.