Back & Neck Community
My MRI for lumber Spine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

My MRI for lumber Spine

Please explain my MRI for Lumbar Spine for me.

T12-L1 is unremarkable.
L1-L2 Mild disc buldge. Facet DJD is mild bilaterally. No cenetral canal stenosis
l2-L3 mild brad disk bulge. Facet DJD is mild bilaterally. there is mild to moderate right lateral recess stenosis near the right L3 nerve root. No central canal stenosis. foraminal stenosis is not significant.
L3-L4 demonstrates a mild broad disk bulge extending into both neural foramina. There are small peripheral annular tears in both neural foramina near the inferior attachment. Facet DJD is mild bilaterally with small effusion on the left. there is a mild to moderate right lateral recess stenosis near the right l4 nerve root. No central canal stenosis. foraminal stenosis is mild bilaterally.
L4-L5 demonstrates a mild broad disk bulge extending into both neural foramina. There is a small peripheral annular tears in right neural foramina near the inferior attachment. Facet DJD is mild bilaterally . No central canal stenosis. foraminal stenosis is mild to moderate on the left and mild on the right.
L5-S1 demonstrates a mild broad disk bulge . There is a small peripheral annular tears in both neural foramina near the superior attachment. Small facet joint effusions are present bilaterally.
No central canal stenosis. foramina stenosis is mild bilaterally.

Thanks so much
Ozzie
Hey Ozzie!

The report described multiple level degenerative changes in the lower part of the spine and mild-moderate disc prolapsed. There is also narrowing of the spaces that carry the spinal nerves at levels L3/L4, L4/L5 and /L5/ S1, without actual compression of the neural structures.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!