My MRI report
I have been having low back pain for a couple years now.. I am not understanding where my pain is coming from unless something has changed since this report is since 9/28/2011

L4-5 disc space is positive for a central broad-based disc herniation. A well-defined protruding disc fragment measuring 5mm in depth and 8mm in width extends into the anterior spinal canal,There is a slight right lateral predominance. There us dustirtuib of the thecal sac but no definite nerve root compression

L5-S1 is positive for a central focal disc herniation that extends into the anterior epidural space. There is no nerve root displacement or compromise.

My doctor said since it is not touching a nerve i should have no pain. I do understand what he is saying, but I do have pain, everyday..
He said he would send me to pain management, but i am terrified of pain medication, and if this is not the problem , what is??
I am not miserable everyday, but somedays i can't work it hurts so bad.. Does anyone know if he is correct in explaining my report? He is just my regular GP?
Anyone who can offer me any help or advice I would really appriciate it
thank you
It is very possible that the bulging is now pressing on a nerve you need to get your mri updated. Did he know the mri was that old? Ask for a new one to see if there are any changes. Pain management will only work if they know what is causing the pain. Maybe you should ask for a referral to a neurologist. Best wishes, Sissie.
I already answered this post in pain management (I think)!!!!