Back & Neck Community
My back muscles ache everyday. Exercising by doing crunches/situps help...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

My back muscles ache everyday. Exercising by doing crunches/situps helps it.

Hello.

I have had for a while now, a very gnawing and annoying pain in my mid to upper back. My dad has had the same problem all of his life, since my age, and recommended doing situps(although I guess they are more crunches than anything) to remedy it. He has to work out everyday in the morning to make his back feel better. It seems that I have to do the same thing, because when I wake up and the day progresses, in the evening it hurts so bad I can't concentrate, and have to begin working out to make it go away. I have to repeat this everyday; the pain subsides and I feel better for that day. I sit in a computer chair all day, I have stopped slouching although I have done so pretty much all of my life; I'm 18.

I'm 6 feet, 2 1/2 inches tall and am wondering if this is normal. I am not athletically active, as I learn so much from being on the computer, and do not want to waste time ;)

This is very annoying..and I have found out, that if I do not work out as hard as I usually do, the pain won't subside (which I have just discovered right now, that I didn't work out hard enough...so I am going to try again to try and make it stop).

I have a feeling that normal people don't have this happen to them. Is there any solution, so that I do not have to work out every single day, and have pain sometimes in the middle of the day, and always at the end? I am always in school and when I am not I am in my computer; I don't have a job at the moment. Please help, as I would like to know if there is anything that I can do to remedy this..