Back & Neck Community
Myelogram/CT scan results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Myelogram/CT scan results

This is what the report states:
My L2-3 levels show broad based disc bulging.  This is narrowing the AP diameter of the central canal to 8mm with moderate central canal stenosis.  L3-4 samd as above with bilateral facet degenerative disease.  This narrowing is AP of central canal to 7mm and producing some left lateral recessed narrowing and some left neural foraminal narrowing.  Also a tubular shaped contrast containing structure extending posterior to the thecal sac measuring 16mm in length and 3mm in width.  This may represent a diverticulum on the thecal sac.  L4-5 there is disc desiccation and degeneration and decrease in disc space height and endplate sclerotic changes.  Vacuum disc phenomenon is demonstrated.   Disc bulge and facet degenerative disease.  Facet degenerative changes are producing some narrowing on the right lateral recess.  Disc bulge is producing left neural foraminal narrowing.  L5-S1 shows disc dessication (desiccation) and degeneration and decrease n space height.  This is vacuum disc phenomenon but no significant central canal stenosis.  L2-3 and L3-4 producing moderate central canal stenosis.   Contrast containing structure extending posteriorly from the thecal sac and along the left lateral aspect of the ~sinus~ (or do they mean spine) process of L4 may represent a diverticulum.  Post surgical changes of a left hemilaminectomy at L4-5.  My question is do I have a chance in getting my life back??  I'm overwhelmed with their unconcern as this sounds devastating to me.  I feel that there's something that they're not telling me.  Am I being over concerned?  Please help me!!  I appreciate any info you're able to tell me.   I have had 2 back surgeries L4-5 S1.  The only thing my doctor has said is that now I need to see the neurosurgeon and another surgery might make things worse.  Please help me understand what's going on..Thank you so very much