Back & Neck Community
Neck, Shoulder Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Neck, Shoulder Pain

I woke up 4 days ago with a little crick in my neck which went away later during that day.  However, the next day it was much worse.  Each day it is getting more painful.  The pain is at the (right side) base of my skull, middle neck, shoulder, shoulder blade, jaw, and shooting down toward my elbow.  It is now 4 days of sore stiffness.  I took a muscle relaxer that did nothing and tons of ibuprofen.  I've been heating and massaging the areas along with stretching.  What could this be?
it may be a spasm of the muscles in and around the neck, or it may be a pinched nerve. If you see an orthopedist, you'll probably get sent for an MRI which may help to make a diagnosis.