Neck & head pain
I have had ongoing pain that runs from the left side of my neck up the back left side of my head for the past 3-4 years. Also, I can barely turn my head to the left. I have had several cervical MRI's, an MRI specifically to the odotoid are of the spine, cervical mylegrom. Although, there was a a couple places where the nerve was slightly pinched coming from C5-6 the neurosurgeon advised it was not bad enough to be causing the pain I was having and the pattern of symptoms were different then usually seen. I was also told I had some arthritis in the odontoid area but not anything real significant.
I continue with a stiff neck and pain that recentlt flared up in the same area and the Lyrica I have been prescribed to help with this is not helping. No one seems to know what is causing the ongoing pain and problems. My shoulder and neck muscles are tight.

Any ideas?. Could there be a blood vessel pressing up against a nerve? The pain is worse in the back of the head behind the left ear, about 2.5 inches back from the ear.