Aa
A
A
Close
Neck Bump / Bump behind ear / bad headaches
Until a couple of years ago, I never got headaches.  But, now I have them just about every day.  They are rarely horrible, but a constant annoyance.  Sometimes throbbing, always a tightening sensation, in the back of my head.  Either accompanied with radiating pain on the right or straight through to my forehead.  
Last week I noticed a lump behind my right ear (like a pea cut in half on the lower part of the skull behind the ear).  Doc says it is a cyst - hard as bone and painless.
Last night I was massaging my neck  and noticed another lump where the spine meets the skull (egg sized and shaped - soft) but when I pressed on it to determine if it is soft or hard I set off a headache that won't stop.  Now the neck, head are radiating in pain.
Saw chiropractor said my C1 is inflammed and not to touch and should go down on it's own.
I was wondering could these headaches, earaches bumps etc be related?  Is it something I should delve into further or just let it go?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Well, doesn't look like anyone had any answers.  

I went to doctor and he thinks it is that my muscles all tightened up right where the nerves go into my skull and gave me a muscle relaxer. First morning after taking one the bump had decreased some, but the headaches did not.  I was, however able to finally sleep. Throughout the day I took another half pill and the headache was less by bedtime. Day two it hasn't gotten any smaller and still have headache, but they were around 5-6 now between 3-4.
Does anyone know what could have caused this in the first place?  Or how long until it is gone for good?  Anything else I can do besides rest and take the muscle relaxers to speed things along?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
Top Pain Answerers
547368 tn?1440545385
Blank