Back & Neck Community
Neck Numbness, Pain ETc?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Neck Numbness, Pain ETc?

Hello this is my first post on here,  i dont know where to turn.  I have been suffering from migraines since i was around 11 years old. I Take 50mg topamax twice a day to prevent them i used to get migraines alot like 20 or more a month i am on other medications also daily.. I take frova when needed for a migraine when topamax doesnt work. ANyway
Friday i have this pain in my neck in the back kind of where my spine is but towards the sides t at the base of my skull. ITs a dull pain it hurts when i do turn my head and bend my neck. But when i sleep it wakes me up too. the area is also warm. THe area goess numb and i get dizzy sometimes friday i took motrin 800mg didnt work. then on  saturday i took toradol didnt work today i tried tylenol it didnt work. I dont understand what is going on. this pain wont go away it keeps going numb too im worried. i cant drive anywhere because there is 3ft of snow in the roads. .
This pain still is here i  thought it would go away, My fingers have been going numb for quite a few months now and they stil go numb now....
my son recently had a sinus infection, and so did i, i didnt get put on medication but he did.
if anyone can get back to me that would be great i dont kno where else to write this, i still have a cough  with some mucous .
Any advice?
It sounds like a pinched nerve in your neck. This could cause the pain and numbness. Have you had any testing done like an MRI? I'm not sure if it would show a pinched nerve but I do think it would show bulging discs. If you have tests ran and they show nothing you might want to try seeing a Chiropractor. Only do this if there are no bulging discs and your Dr gives you the okay to do so.        Remar
I am having the same problems your having migraines all the time and numbness in my left thumb they so far have found out c5 c6 c7 are bulging in my neck Im also on topamax 200 a day to control my headaches along with other medicines keep pushing your doc"s to see if there's disc bulging..  good luck
ill ask him to check , but ive been having problems with migraines since i was around 10 years old.
10-11 or so
Could be forward head syndrome...been checked by a chiropractor? This condition is very painful, I have it and don't wish it upon anyone!!
Chiropractors are experts in the muscle and skeletal system....they would be the very first path i'd take at the slightest hint of any spine issue, many blessings to u.
thank you.. only if i had better insurance